[Spice-devel] Building celt-0.5.1.3 on OSX - Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

Cliff Sharp csharp at vbridges.com
Tue Apr 12 14:25:14 PDT 2011

Thanks for your response.

I am able to get around the undefined symbols issues by editing the main celt-0.1.5.3 Makefile after the .configure
and removing "tests" from SUBDIRS and the DIST-SUBDIRS variables.

I would like to try your following suggestion next. But I don't quite understand. Below is a copy of my tests/Makefile.am

Can you try adding
ectest_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/libcelt/libcelt at PACKAGE_APPEND@.la
to tests/Makefile.am, and regenerate the autofoo (running autoreconf -fi
and then configure is generally enough). Similar errors might happen for
other test files, in which case you'll want to try a similar fix, just
changing the "ectest" prefix.

_________________ tests/Makefile.am
INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir)/libcelt
METASOURCES = AUTO

TESTS = type-test ectest cwrs32-test real-fft-test dft-test laplace-test mdct-test mathops-test

noinst_PROGRAMS = type-test ectest cwrs32-test real-fft-test dft-test laplace-test mdct-test mathops-test

type_test_SOURCES = type-test.c
ectest_SOURCES = ectest.c
cwrs32_test_SOURCES = cwrs32-test.c
real_fft_test_SOURCES = real-fft-test.c
dft_test_SOURCES = dft-test.c
laplace_test_SOURCES = laplace-test.c
mdct_test_SOURCES = mdct-test.c
#rotation_test_SOURCES = rotation-test.c
mathops_test_SOURCES = mathops-test.c

And BTW - this has been very helpful.

____