[Spice-devel] spice-gtk 0.6 : Ctrl+W closes the client

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 27 01:28:04 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I finally decided to give a try to the gtk version of spice client. First, I have to say that I'm quite impressed (and I understand why it tends to become the baseline client).
Still, there is one bug that I would consider blocking (as far as I'm concerned) : I'm pretty used to the "Ctrl+W" combination to close windows, firefox or eclipse tabs, etc... However, is it expected that it is grabbed by the client itself (i.e. not the guest) and that pressing Ctrl+W closes the whole client window?
I would expect the following : if focus is on toolbar, menu, etc, Ctrl+W closes the client, while if focus is on the guest (i.e. mouse over the canvas), the Ctrl+W is sent along to the guest, and spicy client doesn't close.

Thanks for taking that into account if possible!

Frederic.