[Spice-devel] OSX spice-gtk and pyparsing

Cliff Sharp csharp at vbridges.com
Wed Apr 27 09:07:55 PDT 2011

When building spice-gtk after loading tons of MacPorts dependencies -- I was getting the following error.

make  all-recursive
Making all in common
Making all in win
Making all in my_getopt-1.5
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in gtk
  GEN    spice-marshal.c
  GEN    spice-marshal.h
  GEN    generated_demarshallers.c
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../spice_codegen.py", line 7, in <module>
    from python_modules import spice_parser
  File "/Users/csharp/src/spice-gtk/spice-gtk-0.5/python_modules/spice_parser.py", line 1, in <module>
    from pyparsing import Literal, CaselessLiteral, Word, OneOrMore, ZeroOrMore, \
ImportError: No module named pyparsing
make[2]: *** [generated_demarshallers.c] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I could not find pyparsing in MacPorts via the port list command. I did find and load
py-parsing                     @1.5.1          python/py-parsing
py25-parsing                   @1.5.1          python/py25-parsing
py26-parsing                   @1.5.2          python/py26-parsing
py27-parsing                   @1.5.5          python/py27-parsing

But none of these resolved the issue.

So I downloaded pyparsing-1.5.5.tar.gz from http://distfiles.macports.org/python/
and installed it via "python setup.py install" which resolved the issue.

____

Cliff Sharp | csharp at vbridges.com