[Spice-devel] OSX spice-gtk and pyparsing

Mosebach Kai kai.mosebach at bsse.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 27 09:34:09 PDT 2011

As Cliff stated on the very end of the mail, taking pyparsing from the original website and manually installing it resolved the problem…

Cheers Kai

From: Attila Sukosd <attila.sukosd at gmail.com<mailto:attila.sukosd at gmail.com>>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:30:58 +0200
To: Cliff Sharp <csharp at vbridges.com<mailto:csharp at vbridges.com>>, <spice-devel at freedesktop.org<mailto:spice-devel at freedesktop.org>>, Kai Mosebach <kai at freshx.de<mailto:kai at freshx.de>>
Subject: Re: [Spice-devel] OSX spice-gtk and pyparsing

Yea, you can even just take the pyparsing.py from the .tgz and put it in the source base dir. (where you run make from)

Best Regards,

Attila Sukosd

DTU Computing Center - www.cc.dtu.dk<http://www.cc.dtu.dk>
attila at cc.dtu.dk<mailto:attila at cc.dtu.dk>, gbaras at student.dtu.dk<mailto:gbaras at student.dtu.dk>, s070600 at student.dtu.dk<mailto:s070600 at student.dtu.dk>

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com<mailto:alevy at redhat.com>> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:07:55AM -0500, Cliff Sharp wrote:
> When building spice-gtk after loading tons of MacPorts dependencies -- I was getting the following error.

To build from git (not from source tar balls) you need pyparsing. I think it's pure python, so should pose
absolutely no problem to install even if no MacPort exists. I don't have a mac so I can't check.

http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/