[Spice-devel] vdagent vdservice and windows 2003 server

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:44:47 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Arnon Gilboa <agilboa at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Emre,
>>
>> Please try the updated binaries at:
>> http://www.spice-space.org/download/binaries/vdagent-win32_28042011.zip
>>
>> Link added also at the download page:
>> http://www.spice-space.org/download.html
>>
>> Enjoy,
>> Arnon
>>

> I'm going to test too on my w2k3 guest.
> Is it correct this workflow?
> - I have to install virtio-serial before vdagent, so I configure
> spicevmc channel in virt-manager
> Questions:
> a) is a newer version than 1.1.16 available?
> b) do I have to remove the tablet input device (as I read in a
> November 2010 thread)? Or can I leave it?
>
> - I install the virtio serial driver inside guest
> Question:
> a) which is the correct dir between the availbale ones to choose from
> (Win7, Wlh, Wnet, WXp)?
>
> - I install vdagent service putting the files inside the zip in a
> common dir and then:
> vdservice install
>
> Thanks for clarifications,
> Gianluca

Hello, it works!
I didn't remember that I already configured the virtio-serial on a
w2k3 guest I had....
So I ran
sc delete vdservice
sc install vdservice (with the new binaries)
I start the service and it starts ok, remaining started....

I can copy from guest to host and from host to guest!
(using notepad in guest and gedit in host)

Finally!
Let me know if you need further particular tests

Any news for testing also on win7, where I'm unable to run the agent till today?
I have a guest already configured and can test and give feedback. Let me know.

BTW: still, it would be appreciated a clarification about the points I
asked for in my previous e-mail

Gianluca