[Spice-devel] spicec and spice-gtk

Cliff Sharp csharp at vbridges.com
Fri Apr 29 07:55:52 PDT 2011

Good question...

Here are some recommendations --

There are a number of companies that interface to spicec programmatically.

These companies right now do a fork exec or whatever to run spicec from within their software products.
There are a number of reasons why they do not implement the spice protocol within their products and why they don't include the spicec software as part of their code base for their projects.

So, firstly I feel we should support command line with spice-gtk so these people can switch over quickly.

Then I recommend that we create a library/framework/API so that companies can use spice much easier programmatically.

What do you think?

____

Cliff Sharp | csharp at vbridges.com