[Spice-devel] Status of getting usbredir support into F-16 / doing a 0.9.1 release?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 06:13:40 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Just a quick update on $subject

Done:
1) update libusb1 to 1.0.9 git snapshot (in F-16 stable)
2) update usbredir to 0.3.1 (in updates-testing and as buildroot-override)
3) build a qemu with usbredir support + a few extra patches (in updates-testing)

To-do:
1) Do a new release of spice-server with usbredir support, build it for F-16
2) Do a new release of spice-gtk with usbredir support, build it for F-16
3) libvirt integration
4) virtmanager integration

1 + 2, are in good state, the code is all already there and tested
(except for the MC stuff Alon recently pushed). 3 + 4 still need some work,
but Marc-André is helping out with those, thanks Marc-André !

1) Is my main reason for sending this mail. I'll start doing some serious
testing of master now that Alon's MC patches have been merged. Once I'm convinced
that everything works ok I would like to do a new release soon. If you've any
pending patches please send them to the list ASAP. If you've any already send
but unreviewed patches let me know and I'll review them.

2) I'm working with Marc-Andre on this.

Regards,

Hans