[Spice-devel] keyboard and Mouse Fails....

Arnon Gilboa agilboa at redhat.com
Thu Dec 29 06:22:19 PST 2011

Hi Mohan, see below.

Naga Mohan Pothula wrote:
> Hi Alon,
>
> Please refer my inline comments.
>
> Thanks/Mohan.
>

> ________________________________

We have a patch fixing agent crash on connection during guest startup
(on rare cases) and I can send you a scratch build.
Do you think it's the case? the agent crash locks the mouse but should
have no effect on keyboard. Can you give more details about it?
Posting your %windir%\temp\vdagent.log & vdservice.log may help.

>>         2.)    Black screen appears when session is reconnected from guestגs
>>     disconnected state.
>>
> What does this mean? what's disconnected state? no client connected? so
> you connect from a linux client to a windows guest and you get a black
> screen?
> It means Spice client is not connected to guest.
> we don't see this issue if we specify "./spicec -h <ip addr> -p 5924"
> we see it only when we specify "./spicec -h <ip addr> -p 5924 --full-screen=auto-conf"

Seems like for some reason the client doesn't get auto-conf ack from the
guest agent. Does it timeout & exit after 30 sec?
This can also be the case if the agent crashed during startup. However,
you say that without the --full-screen=auto-conf it works.
Please check in all cases if vdservice & vdagent processes are up.
> if that is the case can you give more details on the guest and
>
> client, version of client, version of driver in guest, agent existance
> and if so version.
> Guest:
>         Windows 7 32/64 bit
>          QXL driver: built the code taken from spice git repository (v1.4.1.1)
>          VDAgent: built the code taken from spice git repository(v1.1.0.1009)
> Client:
>      Spice Client: v0.10.0
>      Client machine: Fedora14 Live image loaded into RAM.
>

>>     This issue would not be reproducible all the time from Linux Desktops but
>>     can be reproducible consistently if we load Fedora14 Live Image into RAM
>>     and launch Spice connection.
>>     Thanks,
>>     Naga.
>>

> I don't understand the last part - you only get those two issues when
> running a client from a fedora 14 live image? or is fedora14 related to the guest, in which case it contradicts the guest being windows?
> Yes. These two issues happen when Spice client running from Fedora 14 Live image connecting to Windows 7 guest.
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1.)Fedora14 Live image is loaded into RAM thru "live_ram" option for booting. we may not see these issues if we don't load into RAM.
> 2.)Spice session is launched with Full-Screen+Auto-config only.
>    ./spicec -h <ip addr> -p 5924 --full-screen=auto-conf         (we see issues)
>    ./spicec -h <ip addr> -p 5924                                             (we don't see issues)

I will try to repro from F14 and update you.