[Spice-devel] Access local network printer from guest OS
charles.tsai at cloudena.com
Sat Dec 31 18:41:14 PST 2011
We planned to implement the software to access the local network printer from the guest OS over the SPICE. I did see someone post a message before talking about the implementation of the network redirect before. But the solution seems to be too complicated for us. Here is my design ideas to implement the access of the local network printer from the guest OS.
1. Implemented a virtual printer driver in the guest OS.
2. Intercept the printing data from the virtual printer driver and forward it to the spice agent.
3. Deliver the printing data from the spice agent through the “main channel”
4. Spice client receives the printing data and set it to the local network printer.
Based on my design ideas, I have a couple of questions.
1. Currently, main channel is used by spice agent for enchaining the user experience. Can I expand it to delivered printing data? Any pros and cons?
2. How easily it is to expand one additional channel for priming data if “main channel” is not a good approach to send printing data?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Spice-devel