[Spice-devel] access local files and folder from remote VM

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Dec 31 20:04:54 PST 2011

On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 10:57 +0800, Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-工程部 wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thank you for information. I searched the information of sshfs. In Microsoft windows, I found an open source for it and it is basically a user mode file system.
> As for the X2GO, it is basically a remote desktop connection utility which is similar what SPICE does.
>
> I could not catch your points how you can you in slot SPICE in the place of NX? Can tell me where I can find the information/article regarding this? Also, it is my doubt why the dokan(sshfs) cannot work with SPICE? Can the SPICE use existing channel for instance "main channel" to send the local files system information to the guest OS? Any problem with this implementation approach?
<snip>
Hello, Charles.  <grin> There is no documentation on integrating SPICE
and X2Go; it would be a new initiative.  It may be possible to do it in
a SPICE channel but since I am more of an integrator and not a developer
at all, that is not something I would attempt.  Good luck with your
endeavors - John