[Spice-devel] Request For Comments: proposals for standarizing VDI protocols in IETF

wang.jun17 at zte.com.cn wang.jun17 at zte.com.cn
Wed Feb 9 20:00:07 PST 2011

Alon,

   Does the following sentence mean that there are same number of spice
server instances as vms, and these spice server processes are isolated
each other?
   If so, each spice server in the same host should bind to different
ip+port pair, and we can't access a spice server by an ip address plus a
well known port number.

  many thanks

Jun Wang

Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com>
发件人:  spice-devel-bounces+wang.jun17=zte.com.cn at lists.freedesktop.org
2011-02-09 18:32

收件人
liang.liang12 at zte.com.cn
抄送
spice-devel at lists.freedesktop.org, ma.suan at zte.com.cn
主题
Re: [Spice-devel] Request For Comments: proposals for standarizing VDI
protocols in IETF

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 05:40:40PM +0800, liang.liang12 at zte.com.cn wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As you know VDI is believed to be one of most promising technologies in
> cloud-computing ages, different companies or communities have different
> VDI protocol definitions, such as SPICE, RDP and ICA. Some are open,
while
> some are proprietary protocols. Considering large deployment in future,
> inter-operatability will be key issue. So it's important to make VDI
> protocol open and standard.
> We submitted two drafts (problem statement and survey, pls. refer to
below
> links for details) to IETF-80 (http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/index.html
)
> and will hold a bar BoF during IETF-80 in Prage. So we are sending this
> mail: 1) request for your comments or suggestions for the two draft
> documents; 2) if you're interested in the VDI standardization, please
you
> attend the upcoming IETF meeting.
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-clouds-vdi-problem-statement/
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ma-clouds-vdi-survey/
>
> Thank you and looking forward to meet you in Prague.
>
> Thanks,
> Lyon

Lyon,

 Thanks very much for doing this survey. Just a note about point 2 in the
conclusion of
 the draft-ma-clouds-vdi-survey:  spice server isn't shared by vms. There
is
 one per vm. Also, in spice it isn't installed in the guest, but running
on the
 host. You might have been confused with the in guest agent that provides
 client mouse, display resize, wan guest optimization and copy paste.

Alon

> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy
and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.
> This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.