[Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] paravirtual tablet v3

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Tue Jan 18 07:20:24 PST 2011

On 01/18/2011 07:46 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>>> Sure, someone needs to map multitouch to non-multitouch. I'd leave
>>> that job to the guest driver tough. Why do you think doing it in the
>>> host is better?
>>
>> My assumptions are 1) the host is capable of doing the mapping just as
>> easily as the guest
>
> Probably.
>
>> 2) the host can do something useful with the
>> information that the guest is not multitouch capable.
>
> What do you think of here?

Imagine a nice looking GUI, you would likely have icons representing the
mouse status.   You've got at least PS/2 mouse, PS/2 mouse with capture,
PV mouse in absolute mode, PV mouse in multitouch mode, etc.

VirtualBox has an interface like this FWIW (although not multitouch aware).

Regards,

Anthony Liguori