[Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] paravirtual mouse/tablet, v5

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 06:53:47 PST 2011

On 01/27/11 15:27, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 01/27/2011 07:11 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Next revision the pvmouse protocol. It is quite different now, I've
>> decided to move to a model with one message per updated value, simliar
>> to the linux input layer. There isn't a "mouse move" message any more.
>> A mouse move event will be three messages now: one to update X, one to
>> update Y and a third sync message to mark the end of the message
>> block. That should be *alot* easier to extend in the future.
>>
>> Header file is attached. Comments are welcome.
>
> I can't comment on the multitouch bits but I like the new interface.

BTW: Is there any plan for guest code already?  Should it stay within
the qemu source tree, in a guest/ directory maybe?  pvmouse daemon would
live there, also the upcoming guest agent bits.

Before finally committing to some protocol I'd like to have at least a
simple proof-of-concept which is able to handle all the mouse events the
current qemu mouse infrastructure is able to handle.

Oh, and we'll have to define endianness of course so it keeps working if
host and guest have a different byteorder.  I'd suggest to pick network
byte order aka bigendian.

cheers,
   Gerd