[Spice-devel] [RFC] server: api: add spice_qxl_* calls based on QXLWorker contents

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 07:22:50 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 03:13:42PM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On 07/19/11 15:08, Alon Levy wrote:
> >For each callback in QXLWorker, for example QXLWorker::update_area, add
> >a direct call named spice_qxl_update_area.
>
> >+SPICE_GNUC_VISIBLE
> >+void spice_qxl_wakeup(QXLWorker *worker)
> >+{
> >+    qxl_worker_wakeup(worker);
> >+}
>
> I think we should better pass in QXLInstance here, so we can
> deprecate QXLWorker altogether.

getting back a RedDispatcher from a given QXLInstance will then require using some hash
or just going over a list, since QXLInstance is created by qemu, there is no "spice" field
for an opaque there, that's what we use QXLWorker for (it is allocated by spice, so it
is wrapped by the RedDispatcher, hence you can get from QXLWorker->RedDispatcher).