[Spice-devel] spicy - how to forward a keypress to window manager in fullscreen

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 05:25:59 PDT 2011

Hi,

I use spicy for my virtual machines and it works perfectly.  I have two
monitors, so I enabled two qxl devices and put the windows on two monitors,
then fullscreen each of them. So it's like I'm sitting in front of a real
computer.

However, when I need to go back to the host machine, I need to go back to
windowed mode on any monitor, find some empty space and either roll the
mouse to a different workspace or use keyboard combinations (for example,
CTRL+ALT+LEFT or CTRL+ALT+RIGHT) after clicking this empty space (ie remove
focus from spicy window).

This is not intuitive. Pressing CTRL+ALT+RIGHT or LEFT does not do anything
when I'm in fullscreen mode. I want this combination to be captured by the
host system and not the spicy window (guest system). Is it possible?

--
Emre