[Spice-devel] Ubuntu guest OS out of range pointer

Al yatengo.yimeil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 00:21:15 PDT 2011

Hi Alon,

Basically I set Fedora 15 as the host OS (KVM, virt-manager
and SPICE server installed here) and Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10
as my guests OS (my virtual machines inside virt-mager)

When I start the VMs and connect using spicec I get those
errors on the SPICE client. I think is because of the QXL
device because when Cirrus is specified Ubuntu boots without
any problem but I get just a standard VGA.

QXL drivers were installed on Ubuntu, is it just a bug?

Tnx for your quick response Alon.