[Spice-devel] SPICE and libjpeg-turbo

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Jun 18 13:02:38 PDT 2011

As I think about tweaking video performance, I wonder if libjpeg-turbo
would help at all.  We installed on a Fedora 15 KVM host from RPM.  Are
those compiled against libjpeg or libjpeg-turbo?

I'd imagine to take advantage of libjpeg-turbo, we'd need it on both
sides of the connection.  I'm testing on a Debian Squeeze client which I
compiled and packaged from source.  I didn't see a way to compile it
against libjpeg-turbo.  Would this help? If so, how does one do it?
Thanks - John