[Spice-devel] nographic option

Marian Krcmarik mkrcmari at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 12:06:05 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
Most likely it's not the best example cli.

>that qemu is invoked with the
> -nographic option. Later documents do not have that in their examples.
> Is there any advantage to invoking it? Thanks - John

Take a look at man qemu:) I believe it's described well:

Normally, QEMU uses SDL to display the VGA output. With this option, you can totally disable graphical output so that QEMU is a simple command line application. The emulated serial port is redirected on the console. Therefore, you can still use QEMU to debug a Linux kernel with a serial console.