[Spice-devel] repository reorg

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 01:13:18 PDT 2011

   Hi,

> I assume this "libspice" will contain spice/common + spice-protocol? Or do
> you envision the protocol bits to go elsewhere?
>
> I like this idea more than merging keeping the current moduleset and
> merging spice-gtk in spice, but I was under the impression that turning
> common/ into a library was difficult, which is why we chose to merge
> spice-gtk in spice instead. If it's not that hard, I'mm all for it!

I think one tricky part is the code generation for the
marshaller/demarshaller.

Maybe we should move the code generator into spice-protocol?  And also
have a libspice-protocol with the marshaller/demarshaller code?

Split spice/common to spice-render makes sense to me.  Having the old
client and the server in the same repository doesn't make sense any more
once common/ + code generator is splitted out, so I would create
spices-client and spice-server repos too.

cheers,
   Gerd