[Spice-devel] [RFC 0/4] add @ifdef to python code generator

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 07:34:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

As part of my changes to add smartcard support to spice-gtk, I needed to make
the compilation of the generated smartcard messages optional because it relies
on structures defined in libcacard, which might not be available. In order
to achieve that, I added a @ifdef attribute to message and channels as nicely
suggested by Alex.
Since I'm not fluent in python nor familiar with the (de)marshalling generator,
it would be nice to get a review on these changes.
If they look fine, I'll commit the python changes to spice/

Thanks,

Christophe

Christophe Fergeau (4):
  add ifdef/endif methods to spice code generator
  allow attributes on channel elements in .proto files
  handle @ifdef on messages and channels
  use new @ifdef directive for smartcard messages

 python_modules/codegen.py      |   12 ++++++++++++
 python_modules/demarshal.py    |   22 ++++++++++++++++++----
 python_modules/marshal.py      |   28 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 python_modules/ptypes.py       |    4 +++-
 python_modules/spice_parser.py |    2 +-
 spice.proto                    |    2 +-

1.7.5.4