[Spice-devel] Current status of XSpice driver

Sebastian Hesselbarth hesselbarth at ims.uni-hannover.de
Sat Jun 25 10:32:57 PDT 2011

On 06/25/2011 07:15 PM, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> <snip>
> By "without the need of a full blown virtual machine," do you mean
> something like linux-vserver or lxc? If so, we'd be very interested in
> your progress.  Thanks - John

I don't know any of the both above but from a quick look at their
descriptions I'd say that xspice is more like sunrays, vnc, rdp,
i.e. network detached graphics card w/ keyboard and mouse.

All desktop processes run on one machine in the same environment
(container, zone). New desktops are spawned by e.g. gdm.

Sebastian