[Spice-devel] Current status of XSpice driver

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Sun Jun 26 09:25:39 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 10:12:19PM +0200, Attila Sukosd wrote:
> Yes, you do.
>
> The concept is similar to the Xvnc server in the way it works, where
> you can spawn any X11 apps by setting the DISPLAY var to the correct X
> server.
>
> I'm not sure about extension support though? (Xrandr etc) I guess
> since its using Xorg and it is "just" another display driver, all the
> other standard Xorg stuff should also be there?

Well, this is where my X knowledge fails me. You are absolutely correct
that it is just another driver (actually three - the spiceqxl one is just qxl
with it's own spice server, and a mouse and keyboard drivers to complete that),
but I don't know about extensions much - it does seem to work with xrandr easily
enough.