[Spice-devel] spice 0.6.3 slower than 0.4?

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 03:35:21 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:28:16AM +0100, Vermonden David wrote:
> Attila
>

> Does the RHEV Spice agent always have to run?
>

> I managed to install the serial device but movies are still very choppy. I added the following argument:
>
> -device virtio-serial -chardev spicevmc,id=vdagent,debug=0,name=vdagent

The complete command is: (in one line)
-device virtio-serial
-chardev spicevmc,id=vdagent,debug=0,name=vdagent
-device virtserialport,chardev=vdagent,name=com.redhat.spice.0

i.e. create a virtioserialport with a specific name (com.redhat.spice.0), and connect
it to a chardevice of type spicevmc and with name vdagent (the property is called name,
but it's actually the type of the spicevmc - so for instance there is another type for smartcard
channel usage called smartcard).