[Spice-devel] Audio Fails in 64-bit Windows7 Guest

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Tue May 3 03:49:23 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

This isn't a Spice problem, it's a driver issue in Windows7.
None of the devices we (used to) emulate in KVM have drivers on the out of box media for Windows 7 64bit.
If you google enough you'll find a es1370 driver for Visa/64 that works on Win7, but it's not WHQL signed so you have to go through the a dance to install it.

Upstream in KVM (available in RHEL6.1 beta + Fedora 15) we have added a new soundcard Intel ICH6 that works out of the box with Win7.