[Spice-devel] anyone using skype with windows7 successfully?

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sun May 8 01:18:34 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, using F14+virt-preview:
> spice-server-0.8.0-2.fc14.x86_64
> libvirt-0.8.8-4.fc14.x86_64
> virt-manager-0.8.7-3.fc14.noarch
> qemu-kvm-0.14.0-7.fc14.x86_64
>
> Windows 7 32 bit guest
> and trying to use skype, I'm able to open the application and hear the
> typical sound right after startup but after a few seconds I get an
> error and need to close with this kind of information:

Hi Gianluca,

I can run skype in 32 bit Win2k3 with the AC97 sound card. The sound comes
out OK, but the recording has a lot of distortions and is not
understandable/usable.

I don't know how to debug it. Since yours is Windows 7, I guess you are
using the Intel HDA card in the guest, your issues can be totally different.

Br,
Emre