[Spice-devel] [RFCv5 01/47] server/main_channel.c: set NET_TEST_STAGE_INVALID=0 explicitly (TODO - the rest)

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed May 11 02:40:10 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:59:08AM +0300, Alon Levy wrote:
> I just dislike ungrounded enums. My only reason for this is that when debugging,
> i.e. printing via printf/debugger I'm just using the implicit knowledge that the
> compiler actually uses 0 as the first value. Why not make it explicit?

In some specific cases, maybe I'd be like "why does the first value *have*
to be 0 ?", but that's probably no big deal. For what it's worth, if you
compiled with -g3 -ggdb, gdb will know about enum symbolic names.
I don't care whether the = 0 is there or not, but I wanted to ask first for
the rationale for this :)