[Spice-devel] about Spice

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Thu May 12 05:58:49 PDT 2011

2011/5/12 纪树平 <jishuping10 at mails.gucas.ac.cn>:
> Hello, I am a student in China.
>
> Recently I am interested in Spice and I tried to use it. But I failed.
>
> I do not know where is the problem.
>
> Here I want to ask a question: for the Client, the Host and the Guest OS,
> which one should be 64bits?

Hi,

The host should be 64 bits, guest can be any. Host should have at
least qemu 0.14 compiled with spice support, which requires the
presence of spice-protocol and spice itself. For the guest, it can be
32 bit or 64 bit, you will need to install qxl drivers to have good
performance.

I suggest you to read the Wiki and the documentation section (user
manual) in the http://www.spice-space.org  website.

--
Emre