[Spice-devel] spice broken with upstream qemu / qemu-kvm

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 04:55:51 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 01:44:59PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On 11/07/11 11:57, Alon Levy wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 05:54:43PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> >>   Hi,

> >> vga ports are not active.  vbe works though, so as soon as something
> >> switches into gfx mode (be it qxl native or vesa) everything is fine.
> >>
> >> quick&dirty fix attached.  touching-vgaport-switches-into-vgamode
> >> doesn't work until I've found a sane way to fix this for real.
>
> > qemu: hardware error: register_ioport_write: invalid opaque for address
> > 0x3c0
> > CPU #0:
> > [snip of register dump]
>
> Final version of the patch:
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/123471/

oops, my bad.

> tests & acks are welcome ;)

sure. btw, I'm trying to track a problem I'm not sure is related to qxl
at all at this point:

 start a guest (no qxl). passes bios to guest fine (notice via change to
 display but also via kvm_stat)
 monitor: system_reset.
 doesn't pass bios. 900k/sec (or is that 2? the kvm_stat refresh time) exits

 with qemu-kvm rhel6 branch this doesn't happen.
 with qemu-1.0 (i.e. master branch) it does.