[Spice-devel] How do I install vioser in virt-manager?

Marian Krcmarik mkrcmari at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 02:53:24 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I am not really sure what you are asking but in virt-manager I open a console of a guest ("Show the virtual console and details"), switch to details, then I choose in Display section Spice as display server, I get pop-up asking me: "You are switching graphics type to spice, would you like to add Spice agent channels?", I choose yes, then spicevmc channel and Contoller Virtio Serial appears in hardware list of VM. Then I install the driver Alon mentioned on my guest machine.
Or I add the virtio serial device manually using virsh (virsh edit $domain) by adding an element i.e. like this:
<controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>
</controller>
(http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsControllers)