[Spice-devel] Question about Video and multi media time

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 01:54:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 06:08:39PM +0200, Andrea Celestino wrote:
> On the client side spice handles stream data using multi media time. How is
> calculated this multi media time??There is spice_session_get_mm_time() that
> calculates this time but I don't understand how is calculated.
> Each stream data have a member called multi_media_time, this member is
> initialized on server side but I can't find where. How is calculated the
> mm_time of each frame?

It seems there's a timer in reds.c that is used for that, see
reds_update_mm_timer which calls reds_dispatcher_set_mm_time, this probably
in turn updates the mm time of the qxl driver, which is used in
red_parse_qxl.c for things like:
RedDrawable *red;
red->mm_time = qxl->mm_time;

and finally in red_worker.c:red_marshall_stream_data:
    stream_data.multi_media_time = drawable->red_drawable->mm_time;

I haven't followed this through all the hoops so maybe I missed something,
but this should give you some hints as to where to look :)