[Spice-devel] Using systemd/udev acl management to open up additional /dev nodes on request

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 15 09:45:55 PDT 2011

hi Hans,

Instead of using a privileged helper, wouldn't it be better to do it just like another virtualization solution (from the society that also licences a very-well known object-oriented programming language) does : create a special user group, add an udev rule that associates that group to the devices in /dev/bus/usb as they get plugged, and thus allow people of that group to use usb devices transparently?
Of course, the main problem that it raises is that it will break that other virtualization solution's, since devices cannot be assigned to 2 different user groups...

Frederic.

----- Mail original -----