[Spice-devel] X/Graphics DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012? (4-5 February)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 04:41:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 09/20/2011 12:57 PM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:41:48AM +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tuesday, 20 September 2011, Luc Verhaegen<libv at skynet.be>  wrote:
>>> This sound like a rather redhat specific topic. How certain are you that
>>> redhat is going to send you to FOSDEM, and if they don't, are you coming
>>> regardless?
>>
>> In much the same way that every RadeonHD talk was completely
>> Novell-specific?
>>
>> Anyway, way to encourage people to come speak at FOSDEM ... :\
>
> Yes, i definitely would've done the same for any other topic that was so
> obviously pending on corporate sponsorship, which probably will not work
> out until a week or two in advance of FOSDEM (as per usual).

<sigh>

First of all, Spice is not Red Hat specific at all, yes it is mostly driven
by Red Hat engineers, but we very much welcome outside contributors. We have
a public git tree at freedesktop.org, use bugzilla.freedesktop.org as our
main bug tracker and there are several other distributions interested in
using Spice too, and AFAIK it is available as a ppa for both Debian and
Ubuntu.

> I need 6 dead-certain talks for FOSDEM, by Oktober 1st, or there is no
> point in talking to the FOSDEM organizers. I hope that i drove that
> point home at XDC (not sure whether you were around at that time), and i
> included that specific part of my original email as well when replying.
> I hope that this part has been made very very clear now.

And Alon is offering you 2 out of 6, or 33% of what you need. You could
have asked if he is sure he is coming, without the unnecessary "rather
redhat specific topic" remark.

Regards,

Hans