[Spice-devel] Read data out of the Virtqueue

Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-研究發展部 charles.tsai at cloudena.com
Mon Apr 2 00:44:46 PDT 2012

Alon,

	In spice client, the creation of the channel is based on "init->num_of_channels" that is returned from  the spice server.
	Please see the following  function to create the spice channel from the client

void RedClient::handle_channels(RedPeer::InMessage* message)
{
    SpiceMsgChannels *init = (SpiceMsgChannels *)message->data();
    SpiceChannelId* channels = init->channels;
    for (unsigned int i = 0; i < init->num_of_channels; i++) {
        create_channel(channels[i].type, channels[i].id);
    }
}

For the printing channel, it is created and registered by function spicevmc_device_connect(char_device, SPICE_CHANNEL_PRINT); (see in reds.c file)
Because the printing channel is registered and created in spice server lately after spice client is up, the creation of the printing channel is thus skipped by the spice client.
Can you tell me how to resolve this problem based on the spice architecture? Thanks.