[Spice-devel] [RFC] register vmc interface early for name != vdagent [was: Re: Read data out of the Virtqueue]

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:11:53 PDT 2012

2012/4/3 Alon Levy:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 08:40:26AM +0000, Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-研究發展部 wrote:
>> Alon,
>>
>> Our Windows client code is based on 0.10.1 release and that is, I believe, the latest one.
>> "spice-gtk" is running in LINUX and I believe it is not applicable to Windows platform.
>
> That is wrong. It works on windows as well, there is also a prebuilt
> binary on http://www.spice-space.org/downloads.html of remote-viewer.exe

Some notes:
the correct link for download page is without the "s":
http://www.spice-space.org/download.html

But the important thing is that actually I cannot find a windows
executable in that page...

The tool I'm using right now for my tests (on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2
client) is one from a previous thread where Marc-Andre' pointed to his
page. Right now I'm using remote-viewer.exe from 0.5.2 install file

See also http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2012-February/007312.html

Am I doing anything wrong and should I use instead any other binary on windows?
Thanks in advance,
Gianluca