[Spice-devel] oVirt - spice activex / spice-xpi plugins for Windows?

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 4 06:29:51 PDT 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:23:26 +0200 Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I did a mingw build of spice-xpi. Firefox is able to see the plugin, but it is not
> > able to launch spicec because I need to port pipe(), execl(), etc (plugin.cpp).
>
> Do you have more info on how you did this? Did you do it on linux or on
> windows? spice-gtk/spicec probably already have some pipe/namedpipe
> abstraction that could maybe be reused.

I used F17 mingw32-* tools on F16 (because F16 ones cannot build mingw-wine-gecko).
Rebuild mingw-wine-gecko-1.5-2.fc17.src.rpm (but do not clean).
Apply attached patch, run ./autogen.sh, then apply Makefile.diff to SpiceXPI/src/plugin/Makefile.
Then make.

The dlls which I copy (from /a/CVS/spice/dlls) are from mingw32-* rpms, except
mozalloc.dll which is from mingw-wine-gecko build dir:

iconv.dll            libglib-2.0-0.dll  libstdc++-6.dll  pthreadGC2.dll
libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll  libintl-8.dll      mozalloc.dll

The built SpiceXPI.xpi can be installed by Firefox and FF does see it, because
without it when I press Console in ovirt web admin interface I get a message
"Spice XPI addon was not found, please install Spice XPI addon first".
You have to change Firefox user agent to Linux one in order to activate Console item.

Regards,
Nerijus