[Spice-devel] Audio recording device - Win 7 guest

Nick Causton ADD.Nick at AssociatedData.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 03:51:08 PDT 2012

David,

I have now got Spice working on openSUSE using spice client as opposed to
virt-viewer.  However I still have the problem that there is no Microphone
Audio Recording device present, only a line-in device.  Any suggestion what
I need to do to get that device to install itself.

Thanks,

  Nick

From: Nick Causton [mailto:ADD.Nick at AssociatedData.co.uk]
Sent: 26 April 2012 21:20
To: 'spice-devel at lists.freedesktop.org'
Subject: RE: [Spice-devel] Audio recording device - Win 7 guest

David,

Not sure how to properly check which versions I am running but from what I
can establish:

openSUSE

qemu: 0.14.1-7.3.1

kvm: 0.15.1-1.7.1

Debian

qemu: 1.0+dfsg-3

kvm: 1:1.0+dfsg-9

qemu-kvm: 1.0+dfsg-9

CentOS

Qemu-kvm: 2.0.12.1.2-2.209.el6_2.4

On openSUSE I have now found a Virtualization repository and have upgraded
to:

kvm- 1.1.1-141.1.x86_64

spice-client-0.10.1-38.1

qemu-1.0.0-65.5

I can now select console type: Spice but when I try and view that VM I get
error:

No module named spiceclientgtk

Rgds,

  Nick