[Spice-devel] change the Monitor refresh rate of VM

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Aug 16 00:56:38 PDT 2012

On 16.08.2012 11:51, flooding Controlled wrote:
> I just want to make sure that is could be changed or not. And, I think 100HZ is too high, normally 75~85HZ is OK for PC, and 60HZ for laptop.

Too high for what?

The refresh rate is how often a (physical) video card sends information
to a (physical) monitor.  In spice we don't have neither a video card
(it is virtual) nor a monitor.  So the refresh rate is here just
because windows wants to display it -- it is a completely dummy number.

So, I question it again: what problem are you trying to solve by
changing the refresh rate?  Why 100Hz or any other number (say,
1000Hz) is "too high" or "too low"?  Where's the actual problem?

Besides, 100Hz is pretty good refresh rate for any CRT monitor.
And now, with 3d LCD monitors, good refresh rate is 120Hz
(unfortunately, only few video cards can deliver 120Hz).

And please stop top-posting.

/mjt