[Spice-devel] Native USB redirection does not work - (remote-viewer) did not claim interface 0 before use

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 04:53:40 PST 2012

> >> And that worked just fine.  I can forward my smart card reader to
> >> the
> >> Win 7 VDI now. Thank you.
> >>

> >> Would you consider this to be a bug?
> >>

> >> Is this the best way to share my smartcard reader with my Win 7
> >> VDI?
> >> I noticed some specific smartcard options to the remote-viewer.
> >> What
> >> is the purpose of these?
> >
> > There is an additional dedicated smartcard channel that you can
> > use. It is meant for using a
> > smartcard in the guest while keeping the ability to use the
> > smartcard in the client. With usb
> > remoting you do not have access to the smartcard device on the
> > client. Usage is like:
> >
> > remote-viewer --spice-smartcard <other options>
> >
> > It works well with linux guests, but we don't have recent reports
> > on windows guests working,
> > although it was tested more then a year ago.
> >
> > I'll be happy to have new reports..
> >

> I am using RHEV 3.1 beta (for a proof of consept for using RHEV for
> VDI), and remote-viewer is
> being started via the RHEV user portal/spice-xpi. How can I add this
> --spice-smartcard option?
>
> What does the --spice-smartcard option depend on in Linux?

Pay attention to the following limitation (being worked on): only linux clients are supported right now. It depends on nss on the client and of course smartcard hardware (you can also use software certificates, see qemu/docs/ccid.txt).

RHEV 3.1 - I'm not sure about this. Does anyone have access to it to check the status of smartcard support?