[Spice-devel] spice configuration - problem with connection

Daniel Parnak parnakd at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sun Feb 12 01:39:06 PST 2012

2012/2/12 Yonit Halperin <yhalperi at redhat.com>

> On 02/11/2012 01:29 PM, Daniel Parnak wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to test spice on my virtual machines but I have problem.
>> I create 2 virtual machines (one for server, one for client) on VMware
>> Workstation 8 and I run on them Fedora-16-x86_64-Live-Desktop.
>>
>> # On server I do:
>> yum -y install qemu-kvm libvirt python-virtinst bridge-utils
>> systemctl start libvirtd.service
>> chkconfig libvirtd on
>> yum -y install spice-server spice-protocol
>> qemu-img create /tmp/fedora.qcow 8G
>> qemu -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda /tmp/fedora.qcow -boot d -net nic -net user
>> -m 1024
>>
>> # Then after run virtual machine I start spice
>> qemu -spice port=5930
>>
>>  Hi, you should add the "-spice <spice-params>" at the same command you
> run the vm. No need for 2 different `qemu` runs.
> In addition, you probably also want to add to spice-params
> ",disable-ticketing" and to qemu params -vga qxl.

Thanks, now I do:

qemu -cdrom /tmp/FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso -hda /tmp/fedora.qcow
-boot d -net nic -net user -m 1024 -spice port=5930,disable-ticketing -vga
qxl

and I receive:

*do_spice_init: starting 0.10.1
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_KEYBOARD
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_MOUSE
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_QXL
red_worker_main: begin
display_channel_create: create display channel
cursor_channel_create: create cursor channel*

vm doesn't start, and I still can't connect from spicec to server