[Spice-devel] Virtio serial port enabling with Qemu...

Naga Mohan Pothula nagamohan.pothula at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 11:27:04 PST 2012

Hi,

Currently, I'm using following params to enable virtio serial port.
-device virtio-serial -chardev spicevmc,id=vdagent,name=vdagent

-device virtserialport,chardev=vdagent,name=com.redhat.spice.0

While studying about VDAgent in depth, I've noticed following params at http://spice-space.org/page/Whiteboard/AgentProtocol which are somewhat different.
-device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,max_ports=16,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5 -chardev spicevmc,name=vdagent,id=vdagent
-device virtserialport,nr=1,bus=virtio-serial0.0,chardev=vdagent,name=com.redhat.spice.0

May I know the exact differences between them?

Appreciated your help.

Thanks/Naga.