[Spice-devel] 答复: Re: 答复: Re: hi,everyone. anyone do spice client on mac os x?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 08:14:56 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 05:05:04PM +0100, David Jaša wrote:
> Alon Levy píše v Po 09. 01. 2012 v 17:22 +0200:

> > > Seeing this and the patch traffic here, I'm wondering if spice team
> > > wouldn't benefit from using gerrit, like RHEV/oVirt do. The nice thing
> > > about it is that it leverages git so the actual workflow doesn't have to
> > > change much when it is used.
> >
> > I think Marc-Andre wanted / already uses git-bz (Owen Taylor's extension
> > iirc) but maybe it's not contradictory. Can it be setup so bug email
> > still goes to the mailing list?
>
> Sure. You can make a picture of traffic generated by gerrit on
> engine-patches mailing list:
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/engine-patches/

The emails generated by Gerrit are pretty horrible when you compare
them to the information in emails when people do review on mailing
lists inline. To get any context to the gerrit email alerts you
need to click on the hyperlinks are go and visit the web UI. So yes
it generates email for any change, but I don't think you would enjoy
using the emails alerts as your way to interact with Gerrit. There is
some git command integration with Gerrit, which might be a more viable
alternative to the Web UI, but I have not tried that out yet:

  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/cloud/2012-January/001137.html

Also note that when Gerrit pushes changes into your master repo, AFAIK,
it will always push a merge commit. It will not do rebases to ensure a
purely linear history in GIT.

Regards,
Daniel