[Spice-devel] spice-protocol "mess"

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 08:52:15 PST 2012

Hi,

While looking at spice-protocol git, to see if we should
do a spice-protocol-0.10.1 too, I noticed a few
unregularities:

1) the 0.10 branch has a commit from Alon called:
"add opus playback and record cap", which is not on
master
2) master has a commit titled:
"Release 0.10.1", but no 0.10.1 tag, and AFAIK we don't
have 0.10.1 tarbals yet...

So we need to sort this out, I suggest:
1) Adding the "add opus playback and record cap" to
master.
2) Cherry picking the 3 commits in master but not in
the 0.10 branch into the 0.10 branch
3) creating a 0.10.1 tag on the 0.10 branch

I wonder though, are we sure there are no adverse
effects of bumping SPICE_VERSION_MINOR to 2? This seems
like a bit of a risky chance to make in a 0.10.x
release. Are we sure all clients and server versions
will grok connecting to / getting a connection from
a server / client with a different minor then themselves?

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Do we also want to get the mini header support
on the server side into the spice-0.10.1 release? I
think that would be a bit too adventurous but I'm open
to suggestions otherwise :)