[Spice-devel] Vioserial of Windows guest OS on Qemu 0.15

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 03:27:19 PST 2012

2012/1/14 Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-研究發展部 <charles.tsai at cloudena.com>:
>        I tested Qemu 0.15 for Windows XP guest OS. But I found that the Virtual Serial I/O driver failed in driver initialization.
>        The root cause of this problem is because the hardware resources(I/O in this device) is not allocated to the virtual serial I/O.
>        When I debugged on the vioserial driver, no hardware resource actually is allocated to this device.
>        This bug seems to be in the area of Qemu. Do you know whom I can consult to fix this problem? Please let me know if you know the group or the person.

I have CCed Vadim (virtio Windows driver) and the QEMU mailing list.

Please post your QEMU command-line so we can see how the guest is configured.

You mentioned that you debugged the driver and hardware resources
weren't allocated.  Do you have a virtio PCI device inside the guest
for this virtio-serial device?  Were you able to tell which part of
driver initialization failed (finding the PCI device, mapping its
resources (BARs), etc)?

Stefan