[Spice-devel] spice vdagent in windows 7 32bit doesn't start on f16 after today update

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:07:37 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Arnon Gilboa  wrote:
> Thanks for the update. Few questions:
> 1. Looking at windows device manager, is there any error reported for the
> virtio-serial driver?
> 2. Is the error reproduced only on startup, or also when you start the
> vdservice ("RHEV Spice Agent") manually when the machine is up?
> 3. Is it reproduced for other linux/windows guests?

I have also an F16 x86_64 guest here, where agent worked before.
It has been updated right at the same level of the host (I'm testing
nested kvm for Intel... unsuccessfully till now) and I can see that
vdagent still works (I have notification "yes" at bottom of spice
window for f16 guest and copy/paste text from/to guest to/from host
works too)

So the problem is only with w7. In my previous logs the errors
reported cover both at startup and attempt of (re)start (tried two
times).
When starting it, there is a message saying that the agent started and
then stopped, telling some services normally behave like that...
Nothing useful in event viewer apparently
Attached a screenshot of device manager and virtio serial driver.. no
problems apparently at guest side of the world...