[Spice-devel] spice vdagent in windows 7 32bit doesn't start on f16 after today update

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:57:20 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Arnon Gilboa  wrote:
> Hi Gianluca,
> Can you please try to reproduce on win xp guest?
> CC'ing Vadim (virtio-serial windows driver) to the thread.

You are lucky ;-)
I have also a win xp sp3 guest on this host.
its behaviour is in between .....

At startup I see at bottom of spice window
Agent: yes
and then suddenly it becomes
Agent: no
right after booting
in services it apparently seems that the service is running (so I have
spice bottom no, while in windows OS it says yes)

So I restart the service and I'm able to copy from guest to host.
I try the reverse and as soon as I run paste operation on guest I see
windows hourglass flashing 2-3 seconds but no paste takes effect and
at bottom of spice window it becomes
Agent:no
windows services still says the service is running...

restart of the service and bottom of spice window says
Agent:yes
I can copy from host and paste to guest
paste operation takes effect and suddenly I get in spice bottom
Agent:no
and not able to copy/paste from wherever to wherever again...
Attached image with device drivers in windows xp.
Only question mark is related to emulated audio device not detected/used (ich6)

Gianluca