[Spice-devel] Delay in Gimp when using qxl driver

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jan 18 08:10:20 PST 2012

John,

----- Original Message -----
> I believe I had reported a similar issue many months go where just about
> any X activity drove our Fedora based CPU through the roof though
> Windows was fine.  At the time, I thought you mentioned it was a driver
> issue

A specific GIMP issue and any X activity ARE NOT the same bug so NO you DID NOT report it many months ago.

I noticed the GIMP issue (but didn't report it) about a year ago.  I haven't had the first bit of problems with general X stuff causing performance issues... but then again I haven't been using SPICE much lately.  My guess would be that it might be video card specific on the client side... but I really have no idea.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street