[Spice-devel] spice vdagent in windows 7 32bit doesn't start on f16 after today update

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:04:58 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Arnon Gilboa  wrote:
> Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>>
>> Just to inform that as the host is a laptop, this morning I booted it
>> again and now the w7 vm works, even if not so stably (sometimes in
>> minutes  I have to restart agent because it is seen as running by
>> windows but copy/paste doesn't work any more).
>>

> Please send the qemu log of a run where cut&paste breaks.

sorry for the delay.. I was quite busy on other things...
In the mean time I have another machine (a desktop) with same packages
from fedora 16 and a newly configured windows xp vm.
During some tests copy/paste interrupted working from host to guest..
but no update on vdservice.log and vdagent.log
For example interruption at 00:31, but logs stay at 00:25.
See attached a zip containing them

What you mean with "qemu log" ?
If you mean /var/log/libvirt/qemu/guest_name.log it contains these as last lines

reds_handle_auth_mechanism: Auth method: 1
reds_show_new_channel: channel 4:0, connected successfully, over Non Secure link
red_dispatcher_set_cursor_peer:
handle_dev_cursor_connect: cursor connect
red_connect_cursor: add cursor channel client
listen_to_new_client_channel: NEW ID = 0
reds_handle_auth_mechanism: Auth method: 1
reds_show_new_channel: channel 3:0, connected successfully, over Non Secure link
inputs_connect: inputs channel client create
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_TABLET
handle_dev_set_mouse_mode: mouse mode 2
display_channel_release_item: not pushed (101)
spice_server_char_device_add_interface: CHAR_DEVICE vdagent
main_channel_handle_parsed: agent start
reds_handle_auth_mechanism: Auth method: 1
reds_show_new_channel: channel 9:0, connected successfully, over Non Secure link
qemu-kvm: usbredirparser info: Peer version: spice-gtk 0.7.39-ab64

and didn't update when copy stopped working...

After some minutes I try copy/paste from guest to host and it works
... and then again form host to guest works again.. strange
During this time both the status bar od spice window shows "agent:
yes" and services.msc inside guest shows it runs.

For my basic tests I use gesit in Linux host and notepad/wordpad in windows XP.
The most common not-working case is from host to guest copy.

Another example:
- copy in gedit
- paste in wordpad --> nothing happens
- open notepad and paste (without any other copy in host) --> and it
pastes what previously copied in gedit
- come back to notepad window and now the paste operation works too here...

sometimes the roles of wordpad and notepad are reverse
and sometimes first paste in the same application (eg wordpad) doesn't
produce anything, but a second attempt gets success

so it could be that the mouse event at all is missed inside the guest...

> Do you see the following lines when it happens:
> dispatch_vdi_port_data: invalid port
> handle_dev_input: mouse mode 1

where? Not in vdservice.log or vdagent.log

> Are you using usb tablet in qemu? pls send the qemu cmd line.

yes I'm using a tablet for mouse. Inside virt-manager details window I
have both virtual pointers

type: EvTouch USB Graphics Tablet
and
type: PS/2 Mouse

qemu command line
/usr/bin/qemu-kvm -S -M pc-0.14 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -smp
1,sockets=1,cores=1,threads=1 -name winxp -uuid
5b3b9d18-9c96-8fc0-443b-29e9cff32bd3 -nodefconfig -nodefaults -chardev
socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/winxp.monitor,server,nowait
-mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control -rtc base=localtime
-device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6 -drive
file=/data/virtstoragef16/winxp.img,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=raw
-device virtio-blk-pci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7,drive=drive-virtio-disk0,id=virtio-disk0,bootindex=1
-drive file=/var/lib/libvirt/images/virtio-win-0.1-15.iso,if=none,media=cdrom,id=drive-ide0-1-0,readonly=on,format=raw
-device ide-drive,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0-1-0,id=ide0-1-0
-netdev tap,fd=24,id=hostnet0 -device
virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:55:80:3b,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3
-chardev pty,id=charserial0 -device
isa-serial,chardev=charserial0,id=serial0 -chardev
spicevmc,id=charchannel0,name=vdagent -device
virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=com.redhat.spice.0
-usb -device usb-tablet,id=input0 -spice
port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1,disable-ticketing -vga qxl -global
qxl-vga.vram_size=67108864 -device AC97,id=sound0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4
-device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5 -readconfig
/etc/qemu/ich9-ehci-uhci.cfg -chardev
spicevmc,name=usbredir,id=usbredirchardev1 -device
usb-redir,chardev=usbredirchardev1,id=usbredirdev1,bus=ehci.0,debug=3
-chardev spicevmc,name=usbredir,id=usbredirchardev2 -device
usb-redir,chardev=usbredirchardev2,id=usbredirdev2,bus=ehci.0,debug=3
-chardev spicevmc,name=usbredir,id=usbredirchardev3 -device
usb-redir,chardev=usbredirchardev3,id=usbredirdev3,bus=ehci.0,debug=3