No subject

Tue Jan 31 07:12:54 PST 2012

that regard.
All in all EOL or not people will still want to use those old operating =
systems so they cannot considered EOL and therefore not supported.
- Chris=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans de Goede [mailto:hdegoede at redhat.com]=20
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:40 AM
To: Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare)
Cc: Itamar Heim; Andr=E9 Fel=EDcio; spice-devel at lists.freedesktop.org; =
users at ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [Spice-devel] [Users] oVirt console plans

Hi,

On 01/31/2012 06:38 AM, Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> I did some more extensive testing tonight to see how many guests would =
have issues with a SPICE based console. This testing was specifically =
during guest OS install time.

> Here is the list and the results
> - Red Hat 7.3 -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat 9 -->  Mouse unusable
> - Fedora core 1 - 14 -->  Mouse unusable

These are all past there EOL, also see my remark below which certainly =
applies to these.

> - Fedora core 15 Mouse useable
> - Fedora core 16 Mouse useable
> - Red Hat Enterprise 3.x -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat Enterprise 4.x -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat Enterprise 5.x -->  Mouse unusable
> - Red Hat Enterpise 6.x -->  Mouse useable
> - SLES 10 -->  Mouse unusable
> - SLES 11 -->  Mouse unusable
> - SLES 11 SP1 -->  Mouse unusable
> - OpenSUSE 11.1 -->  Mouse unusable
> - OpenSUSE 11.2 -->  Mouse useable
> - OpenSUSE 11.3 -->  Mouse useable
> - OpenSUSE 11.4 -->  Mouse useable

Looking at the above list it sounds to me like you had the usb-tablet =
enabled in the vm config, that is not a good idea for Linux versions =
which have an xorg which does not support device hotplug. May I suggest =
that you re-run the tests without the usb-tablet enabled?

This may also help with the problems with other operating systems.

Regards,

Hans