[Spice-devel] Is RPM Available Which Enables Spice Connection From Thin-Client to Windows Guest OS on KVM

djackso1 at rockwellcollins.com djackso1 at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Jan 31 10:54:36 PST 2012

My bad. I had overlooked the need to set qemu spice server address to
0.0.0.0 instead of default localhost.

Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com>
01/31/2012 02:38 AM

djackso1 at rockwellcollins.com
cc
spice-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject
Re: [Spice-devel] Is RPM Available Which Enables Spice Connection From
Thin-Client to Windows Guest OS on KVM

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 09:29:22AM -0600, djackso1 at rockwellcollins.com
wrote:
>    Are there RPM(s) and/or Windows binary drivers which resolve the
below
>    identified issue? If so, please identify the versions and where they
can
>    be obtained.
>    If not, is there a forecast date for resolution and availability of
such
>    RPMs and/or Windows drivers?

Rereading the email from June that you referenced, there was a reply
asking if the ports are open, since the OP did a ping but didn't show
that the TCP port for spice is open. So so far there is no problem. What
is your problem specifically?

> --------------------------
>    [Spice-devel] spice does not want to connect to the server when using
the
>    external ip address
>    Stephen Duse-Anthony [1]mokosso2001 at yahoo.com
>    Tue Jun 21 23:34:54 PDT 2011

>        shortcircuited driver
the
>        server when using the external ip address
[7][
>        author ]

>    Hi,
>    I'm new at using qemu and spicec.
>    I was able to generate two virtual  machine. When I'm inside my
network I
>    can view the virtual machine with spicec using the internal IP
address.
>    When I try to  use the external IP address I have connection actively
>    refused.
>
>    I'm sure I'm missing something when I run qemu or in the
configuration
>    file.
>    Can anybody help?
>    Below some details of what I have:
>
> References
>
>    Visible links
>    1.
mailto:spice-devel%40lists.freedesktop.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BSpice-devel%

5D%20spice%20does%20not%20want%20to%20connect%20to%20the%20server%20when%0A%09us

ing%20the%20external%20ip%20address&In-Reply-To=%3C830623.91326.qm%40web161015.m
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2011-June/004174.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2011-June/004178.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2011-June/date.html#4177
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2011-June/thread.html#41