[Spice-devel] Build problems with Upstream Spice on CentOS 5...

Naga Mohan Pothula nagamohan.pothula at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 15:20:48 PST 2012

Hi Alon,

Python 2.4.3 is used.
When I tried to install Python 2.6, it is not replacing the existing Python 2.4.3.
Parallel versions of python exist in system.

I tried to create symbolic link for python2.6 to python.
So my system has
python2 -> python
python -> python2.6

When I tried to build, I got the error "pyparsing" needs to be installed. I did it when Python 2.4.3 is used.
when I tried to do the same(yum install pyparsing) with python2.6, then I'm getting the error
"No module named yum." I noticed all my package management tools are not working.

How can I compile this with Python 2.6?

Appreciated you help.

Thanks,
Naga.